Poggibonsi (Siena) -
This Chianti wine estate consist of a various residential and agriculture structures with total surface area of 2.200 square meters and 43 hectares of land with vineyards and olive groves (own production of Chianti Docg wine and extra virgin olive oil). It is located in the Chianti region, in the village Talciona that is near Poggibonsi. This region contains elements of both Florentine and Sienese countryside, 3 km from Poggibonsi, 20 km from Siena and 50 km from Florence.
Informations about Farm
The farm produces Chianti Docg Superiore, Chianti Docg Colli Senesi and Doc Colli dell’Etruria Centrale and extra virgin olive oil, certified as Dop “Terre di Siena”.
The vineyard from which it is extracted, depending on the year, on average 350/400 hectoliters extends for about 7,5 hectares. The vines themselves are native to the area, typically Chianti (Sangiovese, Canaiolo, Trebbiano, Malvasia, Colorino Toscano). The vinification takes place in a cellar renovated in 2003 with a useful surface of about 180 square meters and with a total capacity of 850 hl (550 hl from stainless steel tanks and 300 hl in vitrified cement tanks). Other the tanks inside the cellar there are two 50 hl macerators, two wine pumps, jet pressure washer and other miscellaneous equipment. In the immediate vicinity there are tank for collecting grapes (4t), destemmer and the press (1,5t). Most of the machines were purchased in 2003.
The olive grove covers about 5,5 hectares with plants like "Frantoio", "Pendolino", "Leccino" and "Moraiolo" distributed proportionally. On average it can be produced 1500/1800 of oil per year.
About 20 ha of arable land and about 9 ha of woods complete the property. For the ordinary management farm has all necessary agricultural machinery, almost all recently renovated.
Informations about buildings
The buildings, for the quantity and for the architectural and typological characteristics, constitute the most important part of the property.
It is a building with a total area of about 600 square meters on three floors, two of which above ground and one partially interposed. On the ground floor there are six rooms, a bathroom and a closet; on the first floor there are six rooms and two bathrooms; in the basement there are several rooms, including an old oil mill. On the ground floor there is also family Chapel still consecrated. For the use of the building a partial restructuring intervention is necessary (updating of the internal distribution and finishes).
It is a building with a total area of about 330 square meters on two floors, in adherence to the Villa so they can be easily joined. On the ground floor there are the warehouses while on the first floor there are six bedrooms and a bathroom. This building also need a partial renovation.
It is a very articulated building with a total area of about 460 square meters subject to a complete renovation in 2003. In the southern portion there are n.4 apartments already ready for the agritourism, while in the northern part there are warehouses.
It is a two-storey building, plus a basement completely renovated in 2003. The ground floor with a usable area of 150 square meters is the wine-making area. The first floor with the same surface is currently under-used. The basement is a typical agricultural cellar of the past in which the concrete tanks are located.
Second country house
This building needs a complete renovation. It is a three-storey building with a total area of about 630 square meters.