Luxury on the road: the best sports cars
The most powerful and elegant luxury cars are often the sports models, which combine top quality design with the most advanced technologies: we discover the best sports cars of 2022, with an eye also to the supercar tax.The most powerful and elegant luxury cars are often the sports models, which combine top quality design with the most advanced technologies: from the fastest to the electric ones, let’s discover the best sports cars of 2022, with a special focus even on the supercar tax.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- The best sports cars of 2022
- Luxury electric sports car
- Sports cars that don't require the supercar tax
- Supercar tax 2022: rules and news
luxury motorhomes, which we talk about in another article, but luxury cars certainly exert a superior charm. In particular, several top-level sports cars were launched on the market over the course of 2022. Exclusive supercars with unique features… and huge prices. Let's find out the selection of the best sports cars of 2022, based on the Money.it Motori ranking.
- Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS - The sports jewel of the Stuttgart car manufacturer features a 4-liter in-line six-cylinder engine, a naturally aspirated engine, capable of reaching 9.000 rpm, unleashing a maximum power of 500 horsepower (368 kW), with a dry weight of 1.415 kg. In short, a sort of racing car that is allowed to travel on the road, since the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS reaches 315 km/h, going from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.4 seconds. Starting price: 147.471 euros.
- Ferrari Daytona SP3 - There are around 500 examples - all already sold within hours of being released on the market - of this exclusive model of the Prancing Horse: the car manufacturer from Maranello has equipped these supercars with a very powerful 6,5-liter naturally aspirated V12 engine, which it guarantees a maximum power of 840 horsepower at 9.250 rpm, which also means acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h from a standing start in 2.85 seconds and a top speed that exceeds 340 km/h. This incredible Ferrari sports car also includes adjustable pedals, a body made of composite materials, as well as an infinity of customizations at the request of the lucky buyers. Starting price: 2 million euros.
- Audi RS3 - We return to Germany for this Audi, a supercar with a 5-cylinder 2.5 TFSI 400 horsepower engine, capable of reaching 100 km/h from a standing start in 3.8 seconds and reaching a top speed of 290 km/h. The Audi RS3 also offers RS Torque Rear technology, designed to control the car's oversteering behavior, as well as adaptive DCC suspension (optional) which instantly adjusts the dynamics of this supercar based on driving style and running conditions. Starting price: 60.900 euros.
- Aston Martin DBX707 - It might seem strange, but among the best sports cars of 2022 there is also an SUV, even if it is not a normal SUV, since we are talking about the Aston Martin DBX707, equipped with a 4-liter twin-turbo V8 engine capable of generating 707 horsepower, which allows this luxury car to exceed 300 km/h and go from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.3 seconds. In addition to this, this luxury sports car, produced by the famous British car manufacturer, offers 420 mm carbon-ceramic brake discs, 23-inch wheels, aerodynamic appendages and a wide range of customization. Starting price: 254.513 euros.
- BMW M8 Competition 2022 - Third stage in Germany, specifically in Bavaria, for this BMW supercar, which offers three body configurations (Coupé, Cabriolet and Gran Coupé) and three different driving modes (Road, Sport and Track), as well as an engine V8 TwinPower Turbo capable of delivering a maximum power of 625 horsepower for 750 Nm of maximum torque and M Steptronic eight-speed double-clutch automatic transmission. The performance of the M8 Competition 2022 speaks for itself: from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds and an electronically “limited” speed to a maximum of 250 km/h. Starting price: 177.400 euros.
- Lamborghini Countach LPI 800-4 - One of the best supercars of 2022 could not miss a supercar like this hybrid Lamborghini, already sold out, with a 780 horsepower 6.5-liter naturally aspirated V12 engine combined with a 34 horsepower electric unit, for a total power of 800 horses. With a top speed of 355 km/h and acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.9 seconds, this sports car is at the level of a racing car, thanks also to a body of around 1.550 kg, entirely made of fiber. of carbon, and to a braking system with 400 and 380 mm carbon-ceramic discs. Starting price: 2 million euros.
- Mercedes-AMG GT63 S E Performance - Our journey among the best sports cars in the world could only end in Germany, this time at Mercedes, which launched this supercar with a total power of 843 horsepower, thanks to a Biturbo V8 engine from 4 liters flanked by a very efficient electric unit. Acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 316 km/h make the AMG GT63 S E Performance a super sports car, which also includes AMG Ride Control + suspension, 21-inch wheels and AMG Night Package. Starting price: 202.970 euros.
- Porsche Taycan Turbo S - This electric model unleashes an impressive 761 horsepower, acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.8 seconds and a top speed of 260 km/h, as well as including a specific gearbox for high speeds and an 800 V battery voltage, for 412 km of autonomy a recharge up to 80% in 20 minutes. Starting price: 192.544 euros.
- Audi RS e-tron GT - Also in Germany, Audi's luxury electric sports car has a 646 horsepower engine, which allows it to go from 0 to 100 km/h in 3.3 seconds, powered by a battery identical to that of the Porsche Taycan at high voltage (800 V) to allow fast recharges and maximum autonomy. Starting price: 107.300 euros.
- Tesla Model S Plaid - The performance of this Tesla makes it a sports car in its own right, given the enormous power of the engine (1.020 horsepower) and its speed superior to the rival Porsche Taycan, thanks to its three engines, an acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 2.1 seconds and a top speed of 322 km/h. Starting price: 130.970 euros.
- Mercedes EQS AMG - Closed the US parenthesis, we return to Germany for the first fully electric Mercedes sedan, whose AMG version exceeds 700 horsepower, which pushes a 5,22 meter long body, with a maximum speed limited to 210 km/h, also due to the enormous weight (2,5 tons). Starting price: 174.320 euros.
- BMW i4 M50 - We head to Bavaria for this 544 horsepower electric sports car, the most affordable in our league table, but still equipped with the BMW M Sport sports package. Starting price: 72.970 euros.
supercar tax 2022, to which we have dedicated an entire article, it is appropriate to talk about sports cars that do not require the payment of the luxury tax on cars, identified by Icon Wheels magazine. In fact, this category also includes several high-performance sports cars, namely a top speed of at least 180 km/h and acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in less than 10 seconds.
Starting with the Italian carmaker Alfa Romeo, several configurations of Giulia, Giulietta and Stelvio are below the 158 kW threshold, as well as a large number of Audi and BMW models. Not only. Jaguar and Jeep also offer different configurations that do not exceed the threshold that triggers the payment of the supercar tax, as well as Land Rover, Lotus, Mercedes and even Porsche. Some Tesla models also fall into the category of sports cars that do not require the payment of the luxury tax, but we recommend a tour on Icon Wheels to check in detail all the names and features.
It must also be considered, however, that the supercar tax is also linked to the registration date of the vehicle and decreases over time. The tax, in fact, covers 100% of its amount only for cars registered within the previous 5 years, after which it is reduced until it is canceled after twenty years from the registration of the vehicle. Are you curious to have more details on the 2022 supercar tax? Then we recommend reading our article specifically dedicated to this topic.
Luxury just a click away: here are the Amazon Luxury Stores
The luxury market lands on Amazon thanks to Amazon Luxury Stores, which have also brought luxury brands to the world of e-commerce,...
- June 2022
Luxury and design meet in Milan: Fuorisalone 2022
The 2022 edition of Fuorisalone has made even more evident the already very strong link between the world of luxury and that of design. The...
- June 2022
Interior, prices, brands and… all about luxury cars
The most elegant luxury cars stand out not only for their technical characteristics, but also for the quality of the interiors. These are...
- June 2022
From business to fashion: the future of luxury is in the metaverse
The luxury market is increasingly central in the metaverse: in addition to the success of the best fashion brands in the virtual world, the...
- June 2022
Luxury tourism in Europe: great potential and few investments
Luxury tourism in Europe needs to be developed to make the most of the potential of the Old Continent, representing an ideal environment for...
- June 2022
Everything you need to know about luxury sofas
Choosing a luxury sofa is essential to enhance the entire living room furniture in a home that is both welcoming and elegant at the same...
- June 2022
Discovering the 2022 Venice Boat Show at the Arsenale
The 2022 edition of the Venice Boat Show will be held in the beautiful setting of the Arsenale. The exhibition will bring together the best...
- May 2022
All about the Cannes Film Festival 2022, the event combining luxury and cinema
The 2022 edition of the Cannes Film Festival confirms the ever closer link between cinema and luxury: here are the highlights at the 75th...
- May 2022
There is a new luxury hotel in Venice: welcome to the Orient Express Hotel
The Orient Express name is associated with the exclusive luxury train that is about to arrive in Italy with the "La Dolce Vita" project, but...
- May 2022